This Page

has been moved to new address

Todays Featured Artist - Perri J. - Shaktipaj Designs

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
KarmaWired: Todays Featured Artist - Perri J. - Shaktipaj Designs

This Page

has been moved to new address

Todays Featured Artist - Perri J. - Shaktipaj Designs

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
KarmaWired: Todays Featured Artist - Perri J. - Shaktipaj Designs

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Todays Featured Artist - Perri J. - Shaktipaj Designs

Perri is one of my favorite wire workers, her designs and creativity constantly challenge and inspire the imagination. Now I am a self taught wire wrapper - when I started more than 20 years ago, techniques were these closely guarded secrets, no one was willing to share. So I learned by studying finished pieces to work out the techniques for myself. Most of what I see today, I can figure out - not to copy - but for my own need to learn and understand. And not to say, that most designs are simple, and easily re-creatable - that's not what I mean - I am just very good at visualizing it in my head, since that's how I learned wire in the first place.
Perri's designs however continue to elude and astound me. Another point - I live, breath, and dream about wire and designs - it is my passion. I can't count the hours I've spent experimenting with what wire can and can not do. Perri designs have sent me back to the drawing board on those ideas too. I study her pieces, and can't help think, "you shouldn't be able to do that with wire", but she does - time and again.
She shares some of her wonderful designs in her shop on Etsy ShaktipajDesigns, and if that doesn't provide enough eye candy for you, many wonderful, wonderful pieces can be found on her blog.


Just make sure you don't drool onto your keyboard......
Thanks for visiting - see ya soon.....
~Bobbi
"Creativity is a type of learning process where the teacher and the pupil are located in the same individual". ~Arthur Koestler

Labels: , , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Corra said...

Perri is scary. :P

November 25, 2008 at 10:23 PM  
Blogger Perri www.ShaktipajDesigns.etsy.com said...

Hey????!!!!??? Scary?????? If you mean I make weird crazy things that look like they might come to life and swallow you whole, well then, OK, fine. I'm scary! LOL

Thanks to Bobbi for posting this wonderful feature.I'm truly flattered to be praised by such a wonderful artist.

Perri

November 26, 2008 at 10:14 PM  
Blogger HEALTH CARE said...

very beautiful, happy new year.

January 1, 2009 at 9:31 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home